The Transformative Innovation Policy Consortium (TIPC) in collaboration with the Chinese Academy of Science and Technology for Development is going to hold an online workshop on transformative innovation policy on 26th October 2020 at 13:00-15:30 (CEST). This workshop is part of the 16th China National Annual Conference on the Science, Technology and Innovation Policy and Management. The workshop aims to bring together researchers, research funding agencies and practitioners to share their research and experiences, and to explore challenges and opportunities on how to steer innovation policy for transformative changes.
With the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, our current healthcare, economic and social system have been confronted with urgent demand for transformative change towards a green, sustainable and resilient future. However, the way to achieve this demand has been challenging. The sharing of experiences across different countries and regions is in great demand especially in this time of crisis. Therefore, in this call we would like to invite you to submit papers either in English or in Chinese.
The core theme of this workshop is to explore the theoretical foundations, methodologies, policy instruments and practices of innovation policy which aim for socio-technical system transformation towards sustainability. In particular, but not limited to, we are interested in contributions which addresses the following themes:
- The practice, policy instruments and approaches of innovation policy for sustainable development;
- Theoretical foundations and challenges of transformative innovation policy;
- The role of experimentation for transformative innovation;
- Challenges and opportunities on the role of innovation policy for multiple socio-technical systems transformation;
- Evaluations of socio-technical system transformation;
Confirmed speakers and participants:
- Johan Schot, Professor in Global History & Sustainability Transitions, Centre for Global Challenges, Utrecht University. Director of Transformative Innovation Policy Consortium;
- Ed Steinmueller, Professor of Information & Communication Technology Policy, SPRU – Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School;
- Rongping Mu, Professor of Innovation and Development, Institutes of Science and Development, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
- Zhijian Hu, President of Chinese Academy of Science and Technology for Development;
- Dongmei Liu, Vice president of Chinese Academy of Science and Technology for Development;
- Shulin Gu, professor, Research Center for Technological Innovation, Tsinghua University;
- Zheng Liang, professor, School of Public Policy & Management, Tsinghua University;
Participation and submission
The workshop will be held online, using Tencent VooV Meeting (TVM). It will take place on 26th October 2020. The workshop includes two different language settings depending on the papers submitted: English session at 13:00-15:30 (CEST), Chinese session at 0830:-11:30 (CEST).
A selected paper in Chinese will have the opportunity to be published in the leading Chinese journals. Please see detailed information in Chinese here: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/_2stWlIru1PEInRFXaHxLQ .
A selected paper in English will be published in the international journal Innovation and Development Policy (http://idp-journal.casisd.cn ).
To participate and be considered for a potential publication, please submit your complete paper to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com before the deadline: 20th October 2020. Please when you submit the paper use in the subject line the format: first author name + Transformative innovation policy.
Decisions on acceptance for the workshop, together with the detailed programme will be emailed by 21st October 2020.
Participation without presenting a paper is also welcome. However, due to limited space, it is crucial for the participants to contact Kejia Yang by email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for registration ASAP.
Participation is free of charge.
|20 October||Submission of full papers|
|21 October||Notification of acceptance|
|Participation without presentation||Please email Kejia Yang – email@example.com for registration|
For any questions please email Kejia Yang (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
China Science and Technology Policy Studies Associations;
Chinese Academy of Science and Technology for Development;
Transformative Innovation Policy Consortium, SPRU, University of Sussex