Transitions towards sustainability require a deep commitment from citizens in different locations. For citizens and activists, this event will bring the opportunity to interact with MOTION projects happening in their own cities, and to have a space to raise their efforts and concerns towards sustainability transformations. Partners from SuSMo and ACT on NBS are key to starting and engaging in a dialogue with citizens and activists. For policymakers and researchers, this event will shed light on the importance and challenges for citizen engagement in innovative sustainability projects.
- To open a space to listen and share citizens’ and activists’ perspectives and proposals regarding more sustainable cities with a specific focus on the learnings and behaviours that they consider relevant for transformations.
- To share what SuSMo and ACT on NBS are about, and how the two projects promote learning, new behaviours and citizen engagement.
- To build a conversation with citizens and activists about how some of their perspectives and proposals may relate to the two projects and to listen to what citizens think about them.
- Introduction, context and expectations from the event
- Citizen audios and open questions
- ACT on NBS
- Open discussion with participants
- Citizens from different European cities
- EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS) Hubs, partners, organizations and stakeholders from Southern and Central Eastern Europe.
- Policymakers and practitioners interested in learning about citizens’ activities, interests and ideas.
- Program owners at national, regional, and local levels.