The TIP Africa Forum 2020 aimed to:
- Enable existing policy experiments to reconnect and share developments, as well as allow for critical reflection on the utility of transformative innovation concepts, frameworks, and tools (sessions 8 and 10).
- Critically reflect on the 14-week pilot intervention with the Living Catchments policy experiment to inform the roll-out of the intervention to other policy experiments (session 6).
- Introduce the core concepts and tools that underpin transformative innovation policy – that is, transition management, theory of change, and transformative outcomes (session 2 and 5). These sessions will be of specific value to potential new policy experiments.
- Look at how transformation innovation policy is unfolding both at the continental level (session 3 and 7) and internationally (session 9)
- The 2020 forum will also include a special session to explore the ideas detailed in ‘The Age of Sustainability: Just Transitions in a Complex World’ by Professor Mark Swilling.