TIPC invites expressions of interest from practitioners and researchers to be part of a TIP network of coaches putting tools and resources into practice in experimental settings.
Registrations close 20 June 2022
TIP Resource Lab Network of Coaches
This year, the Transformative Innovation Policy Consortium (TIPC) will launch the new Transformative Innovation Policy (TIP) Resource Lab (RL) – an open-access collection of tools, resources, knowledge and learnings for implementing TIP methods.
The Lab will be introduced through a series of learning workshops taking place between June and December 2022.
TIPC aims to scale up policy experimentation and learning across different organisational and geographical contexts. We are, therefore, looking to grow capacity by facilitating a small Network of Coaches who wish to develop a good understanding of the TIP Resource Lab components and tools.
Coaches will influence further development of the TIP Resource Lab, and help put the materials into practical use for the development and evaluation of transformative policies, projects and programmes towards system change for sustainability and a just transition.
Registre-se aqui before 20 June.
Who can be part of the Network of Coaches?
We welcome diverse perspectives from people currently engaged in – or keen to develop – Transformative Innovation Policy research or practice around the world. The network may be of interest to people who are working on transformative change in innovation, research or development settings. This may include:
- policy analysts, advisors and researchers in agencies, knowledge communities or intergovernmental organisations;
- managers and coordinators of transformative projects/programmes within the public sector and NGOs;
- monitoring, evaluation and learning specialists;
- independent consultants supporting the professionals above; and
- researchers and doctoral students of transitions, business and transformative innovation.
What is required of TIP coaches?
Coaches will need to complete all of the four sessions below, and contribute to a short discussion after each workshop:
1 Wed 22 June, 13:00-16:00 BST
Component 1, including systems mapping and developing a transformative Theory of Change
2 Tues 13 Sept, 13:00-16:00 BST
Component 2, including experimentation for Transformative Innovation Policy
3 Weds 26 Oct, 13:00-16:00 BST
Component 3, including monitoring, evaluation and learning using Transformative Outcomes
4 Mon 5 Dec, 13:00-16:00 GMT
Components 4 and 5, including capabilities for TIP, comparative contexts and communities of practice
Benefits for coaches and organisations
Coaches will not be accredited, but we hope that being part of the network will help you advance learning about TIP in your context and embed the tools and resources within organisational and professional practice.
When you have completed the series, you can (if you wish) be listed as part of the Network of Coaches on the TIP Resource Lab website. Coaches listed on the site will have:
- undertaken 12 hours of training workshops and linked discussion and enquiry;
- developed a good understanding of how the Lab is structured across all components, and how the contents can be used to develop and stretch transformative initiatives;
- experience of testing tools in group settings;
- connections with peers working on transformative change globally and be engaged in transformative action themselves.
There is no cost to be part of the network, but you will need to be available for all four of the sessions. If this is not possible, you are welcome to join individual events as a participant.